About the Firm
If you want to Immigrate to Canada, obtain a Canadian Visa, apply for Canadian family sponsorship to obtain a Permanent Resident visa to Canada or claim asylum (refugee) in Canada, Julie Taub Canadian Immigration law office will effectively and professionally handle all aspects of your file.
Julie Taub Canadian Immigration law office offers Canada immigration services in all areas of immigration across Canada to clients from all over the world since 2001 in English, French, Hindi, Creole and Hungarian. The office specializes in:
- Express Entry
- PNP – provincial nominee programs
- Spousal and Family Sponsorships
- Work Permits
- CETA - Canada European Free Trade Agreement
- GATS - General Agreement on Trade in Services
- Canada-Chile FTA, Canada-Peru FTA, Canada-Colombia FTA, Canada-Korea FTA
- Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA)
- PR Cards
- Refugee Claims
- Immigration Appeals
Ms Taub is a senior bilingual Canadian Immigration and Refugee lawyer and former Member of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada.
Express Entry Federal economic immigration 2018
Express Entry is the only process through which to apply to immigrate for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs: Express Entry encompasses three immigration programs:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program
- the Canadian Experience Class
Canada will accept 300,000 + new immigrants. For qualified applicants, the processing time will be 12 months or less. Let us create your profile to maximise your points to enhance your chances of an IRCC invitation to apply and learn about the new changes to Express Entry.
Immigrer au Canada à titre de travailleur qualifié dans le cadre d’Entrée Express
Le Canada acceptera plus que 300 000 nouveaux immigrants en 2018. L' "Entrée Express" est destiné aux immigrants qualifiés dont la plupart des demandes dûment remplies seront traitées dans un délai de 12 mois ou moins. Ces demandes sont déposées dans l'un des quatre volets clés de l'immigration économique, soit le Programme des travailleurs qualifiés, le Programme des travailleurs de métiers spécialisés, la catégorie de l'expérience canadienne ou à titre de candidat des provinces.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
The Provincial Nominee Programs allow Canadian provinces and territories to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada under Express Entry or directly under different categories offered by each province or territory (except Quebec). Each province and territory has its own selection criteria for nomination.
Ontario PNP offers an opportunity for nominations under the International Graduate Stream for Masters or Ph.D. graduates from an Ontario university.
Ontario PNP also offers an opportunity for nomination under the Entrepreneur Stream for qualified business investors and entrepreneurs who are willing to make a minimum investment of CAD $500,000 in a new or existing business and meet certain criteria.
Volets francophones Ontario – travailleurs qualifies – (PNP)
Le volet francophone de l’Ontario s’adresse aux travailleurs qualifiés francophones qui ont un bon niveau d'anglais et qui souhaitent vivre et travailler en Ontario. Cette catégorie permet à Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration de désigner des personnes qui ont été jugées admissibles au programme Entrée express et qui ont le niveau de scolarité, l’expérience de travail, les capacités linguistiques et les autres caractéristiques exigées.
Programme des investisseurs
Pour être admissible au Programme des investisseurs, vous devez:
- Disposer, seul ou avec votre époux ou conjoint de fait qui vous accompagne, d'un avoir net d'au moins 1 600 000 $ CAN, obtenu licitement
- Avoir une expérience en gestion soit dans une entreprise agricole, commerciale ou industrielle licite
- Avoir l'intention de vous établir au Québec et signer une convention d’investissement de 800 000 $ CAN, avec un intermédiaire financier (courtier ou société de fiducie) autorisé à participer au Programme des investisseurs
Work Permits, NAFTA, CETA, Business Visitors, Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA)
Spousal Sponsorship & Family Reunification
If you are Canadian or a Permanent Resident married to or living in a common-law relationship with a foreign national, you may sponsor your spouse. There are two categories of spousal sponsorships and it is important to select the one that is best for your particular circumstances. Under one of the categories, an open work permit application for the sponsored spouse / applicant, may be submitted simultaneously with the sponsorship package. The work permit may be approved within 4 months.
Parental sponsorship is now closed for 2018. If you have been selected in this year's lottery to sponsor your parents, please contact our office and we will gladly assist you to complete the process.
However, at any time parent / grandparents may apply for a 10 year Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa.html
Spousal Sponsorship: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Julie and the Media
Julie Taub has been interviewed by CBC, CTV and has spoken on various radio talk shows in Canada. You may access some of these interviews at the following links:
- CBC, The Current, January 15, 2018
- CBC, The Current, February 10, 2017
- CTV News November 16, 2015
- CTV - W5 - Conning Canada - February 2, 2013
- CBC interview on Marriages of Convenience, 2012
- CTV News - Employers to pick Immigrating Applicants - March 1, 2012 - Julie Taub interviewed
- CBC, The Passionate Eye, November 15, 2010
- CTV. W5, Broken Vows, October 24, 2009
- Interviews (9) with CBC Radio
Mrs. Taub is also regularly interviewed and writes on immigration issues:
- National Post, May 22, 2018, Border refugee crisis all about importing new voting blocs
- National Post, March 1, 2017, Immigration minister defends legislation that prevents convicted dual nationals from losing citizenship
- Ottawa Citizen, January 29, 2017 | Last Updated: January 30, 2017, Trump travel ban shuts an important doorway to Canada: Ottawa lawyer
- National Post, May 8, 2016, Liberals’ promise to repeal Conservative legislation would open the floodgates to marriage fraud
- Ottawa Citizen, May 20, May 30, 2014, Nanny, Julie Taub's client, rescued from Philippines diplomat couple charged with human trafficking
- Ottawa Citizen, March 23, 2013, Massimo Marti, Italian Baker, Julie Taub's client may remain in Canada
- Ottawa Citizen, October 2012, Valentina Laguto, Julie Taub's client may remain in Canada
- "Cut Immigration Fraud With Smart Cards", National Post, September 12, 2012
- "Get Smart About Immigration Fraud", Ottawa Citizen, September 12, 2012
- Julie Taub, Immigration Lawyer: Radio Canada International, February 17, 2012
Julie Taub, Immigration Lawyer: CBC Radio, February 17, 2012
- Julie Taub interviewed, Immigrant marriage fraudster finally deported, Ottawa Citizen, February 14, 2012
- Visa applicant health screening too narrow, immigration lawyers say, Kathleen Harris, November 22, 2011
- Edmonton Sun June 13, 2010, A sham of a refugee system
- "It is a mistake to let sponsors off the hook." Ontario Court of Appeal ruling will lead to more immigration fraud, leaving taxpayers with the bill. Montreal Gazette, Copyright © The Montreal Gazette.
By Julie Taub, Freelance, November 20, 2009
- National Post, Security Risks Still in the country, April 17, 2006
- Other Media Items
Julie Taub's Recent Federal Court Decisions
- Okokon v. Minister of Citizenship and Immigration & MPSEP IMM-5027-14, Date: February 13, 2015
- Kamjian v. MCI & MPSEP IMM-4165-14 consent agreement, Date: December 23, 2014
- Razvand v. MCI & MPSEP IMM -6060-14 consent agreement, October 7, 2014
- Okokon v. Minister of Citizenship and Immigration & MPSEP IMM 5027-14 stay of removal, Date: July 8, 2014
- Laguto v. Minister of Citizenship and Immigration & MPSEP IMM-10568-12, Date: October 18, 2012
- Chawah v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) 2009 FC 324, Date: March 27, 2009
- Jones v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) 2007 FC 302, Date: March 20, 2007
- Bedoya v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) 2005 FC 1092, Date: March 20, 2007
- Calvera v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) 2006 FC 1463, Date: December 6, 2006
- Quintanar v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) 2004 FC 677, Date: May 7, 2004
Julie Taub presided at professional development seminars for immigration lawyers in Vancouver and Ottawa.
- October 31, 2013 - Practice Management for Immigration Lawyers for the Commons Institute in Ottawa
- She presented a 6 hour seminar on Work Permits & Labour Market Opinions on September 21, 2013 at Ashton College in Vancouver.